Friday, January 20, 2012

Winter Projects - Shutters and Windows, Oh My!


The above photo was "pinned" on pinterest, a creative idea internet site that I enjoy.  I've been looking for an idea to use a few old cowboy-looking shutters i saved from being thrown out in the parsonage remodel two years ago.

I knew they would come in handy someday, and I think I found just the project!  Cowboy shutters below that have been hanging out in the basement since the remodel. 

This window I've been using as decoration was a curb pick up from our neighborhood while we were living in Grand Rapids...



So, do I paint the shutters?  Leave them wood tones?

I'm leaning toward leaving them wood tones, and adding color with a few accessories.  I don't know how much time I have to paint this winter...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for red, so I'd paint them! There's always time for a little mommy fun-right?!

~Angie Groenenboom