Monday, January 30, 2012

Photo Color Palettes, Day 1

The other day when I was hanging some photography in my living room, I began wondering how possible it would be to create paint colors for home use out of my images.  First, because it would accent the image, and second, because it would be meaningful to use a paint color for your home that was customized to a memorable experience.

I did a few this afternoon, and FELL IN LOVE!  Now, I'm not going to be repainting any of the parsonage, it was all done in the remodel.   BUT, I think it would be fun to present options to my clients for their own use.  HOW COOL!  It was all I could do to stop creating color palettes out of my favorite images.  It was like the first time I learned CRAYOLA introduced the box of 96 crayons.

I will post a few new on my blog each day this week.  For a teaser, the color palettes posted later this week include, Coalmine Hole, Farm Boy, Snakeweed, and Lake Michigan along with others!  Enjoy!


The image above is from Pella Tulip Time, 2011.



The image above was taken by my grandma Ferguson of my brothers and I around 25 years ago.  It has always been a favorite.



The image above was taken last October along the side of Brian and I's rented 40 acre bean field.

No comments: