Sunday, September 11, 2011

September Get-A-Way

This past weekend I met a close friend from Michigan just outside of Chicago for a get-a-way that involved staying at a hotel, eating Chipoltle burritos, shopping at an outlet mall and a Target trip.

I left my children at home, which was wonderful. I took a nap at the hotel. I read a book. I could use a public restroom without worry of where to set a kid. I could travel and drink coffee without turning around while driving. I could eat and I didn't have to share. I was able to pack in one bag in about 10 minutes. To be honest, I was nervous to drive to Chicago by myself. The last time I drove by myself any significant distance was pre-kids, probably five years ago. I survived just fine. I borrowed my mom's car, which saved a lot on gas mileage and as a bonus included a radar detector. Along with my GPS I was set. I bet your mom's car doesn't have a radar detector.

No kids + GPS + radar detector + Rachel from Michigan = a fabulous weekend trip to Chicago.

Funny we forgot to take a photo of us two, but we remembered to take pictures of my friend's 6 month old, Luke. We took a few in the hotel room, and a few on the front lawn of the hotel.









No comments: