Monday, September 19, 2011

Deep Rock Family Photo

 Deep Rock is an old gas station in our small Iowa town on the square.  It has nice vintage charm that makes you love being a part of small-town Iowa.  It is now maintained by a gardening club, who keeps up a beautiful garden behind it with lots of recycled funky items, like doors, tea sets, and rusty tricycles stuck in corners of gardens. 

This weekend I took a few pictures of a family that also make you proud of being a part of a small Iowa town.  And, grateful for families who also have three small children.

The lighting was dull this weekend, so I admit that I was a little challenged by that.  I compensated by setting White Balance for the cloudy conditions, but still found it hard to use a lower Aperature (which is nice for portraits) without getting blur from fast moving kids.  Looking back, I forgot to adjust my ISO (which makes the camera more sensitive to light). 




No comments: