Saturday, July 30, 2011

Thank you!

Our Family has been blessed with amazing support. We have Families that step in to watch our three boys when things get busy, or grab them to go swimming, or just bring us ice cream for a bed time snack. We are so grateful.

I'm sure there are things that we should be thankful for that we don't even know about. Like friends who make sure our kids stay corralled at church, stop little toys from rolling under the church benches in the nick of time, or graciously fail to mention if they are missing a dish from their kitchen from bringing us a meal (this one bothers me), and not doubt other things.

My parents used to make me write thank you notes to those who accompanied me when I sang at an event, or to the person who bought my 4H hog. I remember thinking seriously, if I spend my time writing a thank you note to every person that's helped me, I'll never catch up. And then the writing it, "Thank you for buying my 4H hog, it helped me pay my bills." How do you know what to say?

I spend a lot of my time thinking up creative ways to say thank you. It is quite humbling, to have to say thank you to people. It's difficult to be arrogant when people are helping you out all the time.

One way that I've thought of saying thank you is by offering to take family photos for those that help us out by taking care of our children. I love the way that through photography I can highlight beautiful things, or people that I care about, things that at first glance seem ordinary, but are really quite extraordinary. And I don't have to try to figure out how to write that out. Although I guess i just did, just in a blog, and not a thank you note.

It's funny, I used to thank people for buying my 4H hog, and now this week I have to write one to somebody who gave me a hog. A whole hog. It is in my deep freeze.

And to those who have been supportive, but I missed, Thank You!

To see the Thank You pictures, click the photos below.

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Personalize your own free collage

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free collage

No comments: