Monday, July 4, 2011

Celebrate Freedom!


We watched our town's fireworks from in front of our house, with kids already sleeping and worn out from a full week/end.

You really never know what you are going to get when you take pictures of fireworks.  When I heard them launch, I click the shutter and see what happened next!   I had my shutter open for around 6-8 seconds for each of these photos. 




And the last firework of the night after the grand finale - a smiley face.  So funny.

Before the fireworks began, we enjoyed one of the most beautiful, pink sunsets.  And this, a faint rainbow east of town, when we hadn't had any rain.  Ending over the resting place of a dear young woman laid to rest the day before.  Wow.  A story to tell.

Megan is celebrating a freedom too, of a much deeper, lasting kind.

The passage from her funeral:
 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Karlie said...

Beautiful firework pictures, Becky! I'm amazed at your photography skills - sometime you'll have to show me a thing or two on my camera so I can continue to get better at it!

Becky said...

You bet, Karlie! I need help with some guitar skills. I've got my chords down, but I'm struggling with the strumming part. We'll swap!