Sunday, October 31, 2010

Karl Can Home Video

Here is the video that I put together for Karl's wedding this weekend. It is fun to see how little Kurt and Karl were at one time.

Growing up on a farm provided a lot of unique experiences for us, and a lot of risky situations. I'd like to point out that, yes, Kurt trips over a dead hog on the "Karl can... climb a grain bin" clip. And yes, that is them jumping off of a dresser. I think this is funny, but I'm sure if you didn't grow up taking a lot of risks, it probably isn't. Now that I'm a parent of boys, I'm making decisions about how much risk I let them take.

Parents are surrounded by warning labels and contraptions that help control children. I agree with Teddy Roosevelt, "Far better is it to dare mighty things than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much."

No comments: