Friday, July 23, 2010

Three is the New Two!

After a long labor and C-section delivery, we welcomed Zachary Jon into our family on Wednesday evening! He arrived 10 days before his due date. It was wonderful to finally hold him after over 24 hours labor. I've missed my doctors and nurses in Grand Rapids, but have been very blessed by the doctors and nurses here. I was especially thankful for our surgeon who prepared me for the C-section and nurses who've cared for Zachary and I.

Three is the new two - Ezra and Elliot are excited about their new baby brother. I captured this video when Brian brought them to the hospital to meet the newest addition to our family.


Dr. Postma and a surgery nurse caring for Zachary after C-section.

Dr. Hellbusch helping Zachary with a little oxygen.
Grandpa Steve stopped by before midnight, shortly after he was born.


Elliot checks him out.

Me and my boys.

An attempt at our first family photo.

Zachary resting the next day. (I did too :)

Dad getting to spend some time with Zachary during a busy week preparing for a funeral and wedding.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The pictures are great! Thank you Becky! It looks like some precious moments!

Lori VP said...

Aw Becky! It's always that third kiddo- tends to be harder than the first two! So sorry you had a csection. However, by the time it happened you were hopefully ready for him to come any way possible! Jen and I are bummed we couldn't be there for you guys. Looks like you were well cared for! Be kind to yourself and accept all help!