Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family Outing

Tonight we had our first outing as a family of five. We grabbed dinner at "Iowa's Best Burger Cafe" five-and-dime on the interstate, and continued north for a picnic at Rock Creek State park. They really are good burgers, even though the gas station looks rather sketchy.

We went into the hospital one week ago tonight to have Zachary. Tonight he was sleeping in this position in his car seat, which happens to be just what he looked like on the ultrasound before the C section. They called it "OP Tranverse," (sunny side up and sort of cross-ways) which is what caused my labor to stop progressing.





I love how Ezra's shirt is stuck in his Cars underwear.


Iowa is a beautiful place to live.

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Congratulations to all of you!!! We are so happy for you. Becky I am so sorry you had to go through a c-section, especially after 24 hours of labor. I can relate to the pain of the c-section since all of our boys were born that way. My only saving grace was that I didn't have to go through labor first.
We thought about you a lot this past week. We were up at Glen Lake with my parents and my sister and her family from Texas.
The pictures of your boys are beautiful. They are growing up so fast. We can't wait to see you in Oct. I wish the boys could come with you. We are glad to hear that things are going so well for you there. We miss you. We will to continue to keep you all in our prayers.
See you soon.