Sunday, May 6, 2012

Super Moon

I drove towards the North Skunk River last night, hoping to find a landscape that would be nice for moon rise images, and chose a level C road south of Lynnville, IA. I expected the moon to rise straight East, and was somewhat disappointed when it was too cloudy to see its first peak over the horizon, when it is the biggest and brightest. Instead, there was a break in the sky where it appeared underneath a cloud, and much further southeast.

I have trouble with my camera in low light.  I'm wondering if it is because it is a mid-level DSLR, and produces quite a bit of noise in dark areas of images (the pixel-y dark areas. I find myself wondering if I'm demanding more than it can handle.  Even with nice lenses.  A full frame sensor would have been clearer, I think.  Jumping from a mid-level to a professional-level camera would require more cash then I'm ready to spend right now.  I need to be sure I'm pushing the equipment I have as far as it will go to earn that.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm trying to do the job of a 2500 truck with a Chevy Luv.

It would be fun to put my lenses on a full frame camera to see what results I get. 






No comments: