Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Olive Garden and Soup Recipe

It is no secret that I love Olive Garden, and that Brian and I miss being in close proximity to this restaurant.  Currently, its a good 50 minutes away.  Earlier this winter I went searching for a particular recipe that Brian and I enjoy.  And wouldn't you know, our boys loved it too.  Although it can entirely depend on the day, they usually eat what i make them, especially if they get to help.   I added a touch extra pasta, and it was perfect for their tastes as well.  Pictures below of the progress: 


We have the opportunity here to purchase locally grown beef, and when processed at the local meat locker, they stamp the name on the package in order to identify it.  When ordering the butchering last year I failed to mention my husband's name, so when I picked up our order I was shocked.  I don't know why, but it just looked funny, like a brand on a cow.  My first and last name - on well over a hundred individually packaged beef items, in my deep freeze.  This year I did it on purpose. 

I think next time I could tease Brian and have them put, "Reverend Ochsner."  Except I'd have to read it every time I looked in the deep freeze, so may be not.







Copycat recipe below:

Directions:

  1. Brown beef in a skillet.
  2. Drain fat from beef and add to crock pot with everything except pasta.
  3. Cook on low 7-8 hours or high 4-5 hours.
  4. During last 30 min on high or 1 hour on low, add pasta.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

made this this past week and we love it!

Brian Lee and Becky Anne said...

Fabulous! So glad it worked out for you!