Monday, November 21, 2011

Another way to save

Starting this week a lot of you will be doing some shopping for your family.  Since I've moved to Iowa, I've done a lot more online shopping when I can get free shipping.  I like using the internet to research a product, and love that something can be shipping to my door so I don't have to pack up three boys and pay the gas money to drive the 50 miles to DesMoines to purchase an item.

This is similar to TRIP, a program that has kickbacks for Christian Education is one way to save during the holidays.  But you have to pre purchase the gift cards.

EBATES, on the other hand, you don't have to pre purchase the gift card and still you get cash back. Though usually not as much as TRIP.

So Let's say I'm making a digital camera purchase, a purchase for about $200.  Generally, I make 5 percent cash back on that item, so $10 bucks. I also use it for Shutterfly, which is currently 8 percent back, and sometimes on clothing stores, like Eddie Bauer or Children's place.  I love the outlet mall for clothing, but with three kids I don't make it there a lot.

Here is the link to start an account:


I do get $5 if you sign up through the link above, but that isn't why I'm sharing this with you.  I want you to be a wise, smart shopper!  These days, there are a lot of hoops to jump through when trying to save.  I know this is another one.  But the wiser you are at shopping, the wiser you will be at making good purchases!

No comments: