Sunday, November 1, 2009

Combine Ride

All fall I've been waiting to ride in the combine with Ezra. Thanks to a short dry spell last week, we got a chance to. I have good memories of riding, sitting on a toolbox on the floor infront of the controls. I memorized the song, "Timber, I'm falling in love," off of KBOE one fall from riding so much. It was a number-one single in 1989, so I would have been six years old.

I'm slowly scanning in pictures in my basement so that I can throw most of it away and keep it electronically. The picture below is from 1984. I'm surprised at how small the cab is. Poor dad must have gotten cramped when kids rode along.
And pictures of Ezra's time below. (Much bigger cabs and even a seat made for passengers.)




3 comments:

THE RITSEMA'S said...

that's awesome!!! what a fun experience for your children!
i need to have connections to a farm :)

Stacy said...

Saw your newspaper clipping and wondered if I ever told you that when my mom & aunt cleaned out Grandma VDB's house when she moved to the nursing home they found that very artical in a box of old photos/clippings. Crazy! There is no connection bt/w her & your family other than I married the cute little boy in the picture about 15 years later. :)

Brian Lee and Becky Anne said...

That is crazy! You need to write that story down for your kids to remember.