Thursday, June 18, 2009

New Patio Project

Memorial Day weekend Brian, Ezra and I tackled putting in pavers around an old hot tub patio that wasn't quite big enough to do anything on. It is a fenced in area and a great spot for Ezra to be outside by himself when I need to be working inside. It will still work great as a hot tub patio, but for now it serves our family well as a sand box/pool/three wheeler riding area. Some before and after pictures are below.

Being 39 weeks pregnant I didn't help as much as I would have liked to, but I carried a lot of bricks from the trailer to their spots. I had it all researched out on the internet the week before to make sure we'd do the project well. I explained the whole process to Brian and he grinned and listened. As we got started on Friday night, it was apparent that he'd done this before and listened to appease me. He and Ezra worked hard at digging the river rock out around the site. Thanks grandma Jan for the red shovel!

Ezra stays cool on an 80 degree day with the water hose. The downside is that I find sand all over the house.

No comments: