Saturday, September 18, 2010

A Tree on a Church


Today I had an entire hour to myself, with all three boys sleeping. This is very unusual. I usually don't know what to do with myself. But, since the house is clean and ready for family coming into town for Zachary's baptism, I read a book. (I'm reading Open Secrets when I do get moments to read).

Ezra woke up first, and asked me to help him with a puzzle, but I told him I was having quiet time and asked him to do Legos by himself for awhile. He is very good about leaving me alone when I ask him. Lately he is really into building churches with legos. Generally it is a square with a tall tower of legos on top. Sometimes he changes things up and the tower (steeple) looks like stair steps of Legos on top.

After playing by himself for a good hour, he ran into the living room proud of his newest project, which he calls "A church with a tree on top."

It may seem kind of silly, but I think it is pretty special.

No comments: