Sunday, February 14, 2010

16 Weeks and A Move Ahead

We've had a busy few months as a family - First, finding out that we are expecting, and secondly, discerning a call to a new congregation.

We are excited to be expecting again, and know that three under three is going to be an adventure! We will have our hands full, but love the blessings of being parents. We are planning on finding out if we are having a girl or a boy at our ultrasound (we were surprised with the first two). The plan is to have the ultrasound technician write it on a piece of paper, put it in an envelope, and open it afterwards on a lunch date together in down town Grand Rapids. Our friends did this and we think it is a great idea.

Secondly, we've accepted the call to a congregation in Sully CRC in Sully, IA. The process has been both affirming and difficult. Difficult because we love the church family and Brookside, have learned so much, and have made life-long friends. At the same time, God has blessed us with a lot of open doors to accept the call to a new church family. Brian's letter to Brookside, read this morning, says it best:

February 14, 2010

Family of God at Brookside CRC,

Following the past weeks of prayer and scripture I have experienced your generous outpouring of love and care through cards, emails and conversations; for this I am deeply thankful.

But as these weeks have progressed I have found a good deal of peace and have accepted the call of Sully CRC. As I write these words there is a mixture of emotion; I am grateful for your years of encouragement and deeply saddened as this chapter of life now comes to a close, yet excited as I see God working through me and my family to serve Sully CRC.

Words cannot describe my appreciation for all you have done for me and my family, and I trust as we accept this call that our friendship will remain and God will be glorified.



With joy and sadness,
Pastor Brian Ochsner



We have a wonderful peace about our decision, and have had amazing support from both congregations. Thank you for all of the prayers from family and friends!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Brian and Becky! I'm so excited for your family. I'm sure this is one of those moments of excitement and great sadness as you'll be deeply missed in GR. But what an amazing adventure you have ahead. We'll be thinking of you all and keeping you in prayer. Keep me updated!!

Trevor and Erin said...

congratulations on expecting again! Our first three were just over three years apart and it is great (BUSY though)!

Best wishes on the move and new calling. When do you move?

sdouma said...

Congratulations, Brian and Becky...on two accounts! Congrats on a new little one and the excitement that it brings...and on accepting a new call. I hear loud and clear both the joy and the sadness, but pray that God will bless you as you seek this new piece of the journey. ..and His peace for the journey.